Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Run For the Border

South of the border that is! For dinner I prepared soft tacos with grilled zucchini and green bell peppers, which I tossed with sauteed onions and garlic in olive oil, black beans, fresh cilantro, and lime. In San Francisco, we're blessed with a plethora of fruit&veg markets so produce is always cheap and yummy. On the side there is some left over cilantro-parsley pesto I made with my friend Val over the weekend for a Vegetable Couscous with Moroccan Pesto recipe courtesy of the Food Network (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/vegetable-couscous-with-moroccan-pesto-recipe/index.html). I've been using it as a spread on everything since! This meal was around 370 calories (2 tortillas=120, veggies around 100, spreads & salsas around 50, and black beans=100).